Dr Danielle Lottridge
Research | Current
My research focuses on understanding and designing for human interaction with technology, drawing from the fields of human computer interaction and human factors engineering. Studying human behavior in relation to computers gives us insights about people and helps us to create more compelling interactions and experiences.
Areas of expertise
- Human Computer Interaction
- Human Factors Engineering
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Zhuo, S., Sherlock, L., Dobbie, G., Koh, Y. S., Russello, G., & Lottridge, D. (2020). REAL-Time Smartphone Activity Classification Using Inertial Sensors-Recognition of Scrolling, Typing, and Watching Videos While Sitting or Walking. Sensors (Basel, Switzerland), 20 (3).10.3390/s20030655
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Yun Sing Koh, Gill Dobbie, Giovanni Russello
- Bentley, F., O'Neill K, Quehl, K., & Lottridge, D. M. (2020). Exploring the Quality, Efficiency, and Representative Nature of Responses Across Multiple Survey Panels.. CHI.
- Alex, M., Lottridge, D. M., & Wuensche, B. (2020). Artificial Companions in Stroke Rehabilitation: Likeability, Familiarity and Expectations.. HICSS.
- Lottridge, D., Andalibi, N., Kim, J., & Kaye, J. (2019). “Giving a little ‘ayyy, I feel ya’ to someone’s personal post”: Performing support on social media. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 3 (CSCW).10.1145/3359179
- Bentley, F., & Lottridge, D. (2019). Understanding Mass-Market Mobile TV Behaviors in the Streaming Era. Paper presented at CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), Glasgow, SCOTLAND. 4 May - 9 May 2019. CHI 2019: PROCEEDINGS OF THE 2019 CHI CONFERENCE ON HUMAN FACTORS IN COMPUTING SYSTEMS. (pp. 11). 10.1145/3290605.3300491
- Suh, M., Bentley, F., & Lottridge, D. (2018). “It’s kind of boring looking at just the face”: How teens multitask during mobile videochat. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 2 (CSCW).10.1145/3274436
- Bentley, F., Luvogt, C., Silverman, M., Wirasinghe, R., White, B., & Lottridge, D. (2018). Understanding the Long-Term Use of Smart Speaker Assistants. Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies, 2 (3).10.1145/3264901
- Höök K, Caramiaux, B., Erkut, C., Forlizzi, J., Hajinejad, N., Haller, M., ... Khut, G. (2018). Embracing First-Person Perspectives in Soma-Based Design. Informatics, 5 (1), 8-8. 10.3390/informatics5010008