Dr Graham Mauch Donovan
In 2010 Graham joined the Department of Mathematics here at The University of Auckland as a lecturer in applied mathematics.
Read more information about Dr Donovan's research at his personal website.
Research | Current
Research outputs (below) are automatically updated, but may not include the very latest work; please see also http://www.math.auckland.ac.nz/~gdon030/
Research projects are available for motivated and capable students at all levels. Funding (fees+stipend) is available for PhD students with strong academic records. For more information please see http://www.math.auckland.ac.nz/~gdon030/
Areas of expertise
asthma and airway physiology
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Donovan, G. M. (2019). Numerical discovery and continuation of points of infinitesimal homeostasis. Mathematical biosciences, 311, 62-67. 10.1016/j.mbs.2019.03.005
- Donovan, G. M., Elliot, J. G., Boser, S. R., Green, F. H. Y., James, A. L., & Noble, P. B. (2019). Patient-specific targeted bronchial thermoplasty: predictions of improved outcomes with structure-guided treatment. Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985), 126 (3), 599-606. 10.1152/japplphysiol.00951.2018
- Donovan, G. M. (2018). Biological version of Braess' paradox arising from perturbed homeostasis. PHYSICAL REVIEW E, 98 (6)10.1103/PhysRevE.98.062406
- Donovan, G. M., Elliot, J. G., Green, F. H. Y., James, A. L., & Noble, P. B. (2018). Unraveling a Clinical Paradox: Why Does Bronchial Thermoplasty Work in Asthma?. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology, 59 (3), 355-362. 10.1165/rcmb.2018-0011oc
- Rampadarath, A. K., & Donovan, G. M. (2018). A Distribution-Moment Approximation for Coupled Dynamics of the Airway Wall and Airway Smooth Muscle. Biophysical journal, 114 (2), 493-501. 10.1016/j.bpj.2017.11.020
- Donovan, G. M. (2017). Inter-airway structural heterogeneity interacts with dynamic heterogeneity to determine lung function and flow patterns in both asthmatic and control simulated lungs. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 435, 98-105. 10.1016/j.jtbi.2017.08.024
- Wang, K. C. W., Morton, J. S., Davidge, S. T., Larcombe, A. N., James, A. L., Donovan, G. M., & Noble, P. B. (2017). Increased heterogeneity of airway calibre in adult rats after hypoxia-induced intrauterine growth restriction. Respirology, 22 (7), 1329-1335. 10.1111/resp.13071
- Wang, K. C., Morton, J. S., Davidge, S. T., Larcombe, A. N., James, A. L., Donovan, G. M., & Noble, P. B. (2017). AIRWAY AND LUNG STRUCTURE IN ADUL" T RATS PREVIOUSLY SUBJECT TO HYPOXIA-INDUCED INTRAUTERINE GROWTH RESTRICTION. RESPIROLOGY. (pp. 1).